Cassie Winter is the Jarrell Middle School Counselor. She is a proud two time graduate of the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. She has earned a Bachelor of Science in Education and Master of Arts in School Counseling from UMHB. Her experience in education has been teaching for eleven years and serving as a school counselor for six years.
This year the counseling program at Jarrell Middle School has grown to include a part-time social worker offers individual counseling and group counseling.
In addition to direct counseling services the Jarrell Middle School Counseling program:
- creates the initial Personal Graduation Plans for students in accordance with House Bill 5
- asststs students with course selection
- facilitates offering engaging experiences for students to explore their interests through Clubs
- manages parent volunteers for classroom volunteers, Fall Festival and the UIL competition
- teaches classroom guidance lessons on topics such as, bullying prevention and awareness, social skills,positive self image and self talk, study skills, and career exploration
- coordinates and delivers school wide presentations on Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco Prevention during Red Ribbon Week, tolerance and acceptance of differences and self-harm prevention and awareness